Sign up for a Prayer Vigil
Men’s Walk to Emmaus #180 – Coming Soon!!!
Women’s Walk to Emmaus #181 – Coming Soon!!!
Prayer Vigil Information
Here is a useful outline to follow when you find yourself at a lack of words while praying for a walk:
- Begin by asking God to clear your mind from all outside distractions. Place your thoughts and your spirit with the people and the event you have come to God for blessing. Be silent a few moments and begin to feel His presence with you. Pray as if you are talking to your best friend, as you are!
- Pray for the Lay Director, if not by name, by duty. They must walk in His spirit for all aspects of the walk.
- Pray for the Assistant Lay Directors in much the same way. Pray for the Spiritual Director, that they may truly be an instrument of His spirit. Pray for the Assistant Spiritual Directors in the same way.
- Pray for the Board Representative, that they may have the courage to keep the purity of the event and not let personalities keep them from doing what they promised God they would do.
- Pray for the Table Leaders and Assistant Table Leaders. Pray that their subtle guidance and emptying of self will lead their Pilgrims directly to Christ.
- Pray for the musicians, that their music may bring God’s message and soothe troubled souls.
- Pray for the speakers. Pray that they remember Whom they represent, lay down self, and glorify God.
- Pray for the talks; for the message they give, for the giver and those who hear, that they may hear according to their need.
- Pray for the Support Team that they do not tire. Pray for their renewed strength.
- Pray for the Pilgrims; the ones who can’t leave their thoughts behind, the ones uneasy in that setting, the one’s who can’t sleep, the ones forced to come, the ones looking for magic and not miracles, the ones who are open and receiving, and for all conditions known only to God.
- Pray for the Sponsors.
- Pray for the fun and fellowship that it may warm hearts and keep focused on God. Pray for the cooks and all who minister in unrecognized ways.
- Pray for all the agape gifts, for the hands that made them and for the blessings they bring.
- And lastly, give it all to our Lord and Friend, who sees and knows, asking for His blessing and presence with everyone connected, not only those mentioned, but for families and for changes in the church and community.
- End by praising and thanking God for the opportunity He has given you to talk to Him on behalf of His Children.